Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blogophilia 44.3 Take Two and Call Me In The Morning



Blogophilia 44.3 Topic: "Take Two and Call Me in the Morning"
Bonus points:
(Hard, 2pts): Impart some pearls of wisdom  (serenity prayer)
(Easy, 1pt): include the words "directions not included"

Final date to post: January 4th, 2010, GMT midnight








Photo guesses:  It ain't over til the fat lady sings, pushups, show off, moving mountains, give me a break, illusions, delsions of grandeur, V for Victory










It's been a helluva week around here.  Been busy and haven't felt much like blogging.  I've been racking up a bunch of hours at work, and it might just stay that way because one of the people I was filling in for up and quit.  So, no more part time status, which is just fine with me.  The money is definitely needed.  Especially since I just had to put $800+ on my credit card to get my car repaired.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!   *#&@^!%@^  

On the good side, Kelli and I have been spending more time together, talking things out and feeling the waters.  I'm thinking we just need to be friends right now as it seems we get along fine when it's like that, but as soon as we go back to being a couple we fight like cats and dogs.  She's such an important part of my life, I don't want to jeopardize our friendship.  Directions are not included when it comes to relationships....would it be so hard, Universe, to give us a guidebook or somethin'?    

On the sobriety front, I've been struggling with not drinking, but have successfully not indulged in any other substances since I moved into my new place a few weeks ago.  Getting out of there was - literally - a breath of fresh air and I'm glad I made the decision.  Things are looking up a bit for me now....just gotta keep trudging on the way I'm going.  

Grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

Not that I haven't been tempted to use.  In fact Christmas Day I was so down and feeling the need to not feel any emotions that I considered acquiring some vicodin, or oxycontin, or even heroin.  The pills are much easier to get around here and is what triggered my relapse back to heroin over the summer.  But I knew that if I took even just one it would trigger that manic compulsion to use in my brain; I wasn't so depressed that I wanted to go there again after having fought tooth and nail to get clean again a couple months ago.  

An article on how prevalent prescription drugs are becoming among recreational drug users:

 I'm OK with where I'm at in the fight at the moment.  Taking things one day at a time, and doing what I can to keep myself out of situations where I'm tempted to use.  All I can do, right?



3 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) so proud of you and your progress steven .....

    Happy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step at a time- and being determined to control the innder demons of desire rather than allow them to control you--
    may you be abundantly blessed in this new year-

    ReplyDelete